Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Bye Bye Summer

I have wanted to update my blog all summer and I cannot seem to find the cord to upload my photos. I will keep searching and hopefully post some soon. It has been a busy summer here in the Cantlon house.

We listed our house early in the summer and it sold in 8 days! Wow! We then learned that we need to replace the roof (on our 7 year old house) before the buyers will take possession. It is a manufacturer's defect. Bummer. Oh well, we are taking care of it and now packing for the move. I'm not sure how things will be when we move because we are going to be doing renovations to the new house. . . significant renovations. I''ll try to upload photos to keep everyone updated (if I even have any followers anymore. .it has been so long since I have posted!).

Jackson is getting too big! He is talking so well. . .he says 2 and 3 word sentences pretty frequently. I think he is pretty smart. We have had a lot of fun this summer playing with the neighbors, going to the zoo and the Children's Museum. He had his first weekend away from Mommy and Daddy while we went to Matt's wedding. It was a great time, but I missed my little man. He, on the other hand, seemed perfectly content staying with Mom Maw, and Pop Pop.

I have to go back to work 2 weeks from tomorrow and I think the rest of the summer is going to be consumed by packing and moving so I guess my summer is over. Boo!!! I love my job, but man, I have really enjoyed my summer with Jackson. I will be fine once I am back at work, but I wish I could stay home with him. Those of you who are fortunate enough to stay home with your children are so blessed. I have to say, though, if I am going to be a working mom this is the job to have since I have so much time off with him.

Kurt will be starting his new position as a middle school counselor in a few weeks. His last day of work at BehaviorCorp is this Friday. We are all very excited!! I cannot wait for him to have Christmas Break and Spring Break and Summer Break. He is going to be a terrific counselor, and I am so excited for him. He has worked so hard in the last couple years. I know he is looking forward to having those breaks too!!

Okay, I will search for the cord to upload my photos. I will post some soon. I promise!

No comments: