Saturday, August 30, 2008

Updates on the Cantlons

Okay, so Annie yelled at me today for not posting any pictures of Jackson, and when I got on here to post I realized that it has been almost a month since I have posted. A lot has happened in the Cantlon house in the last month. Here it is in a nutshell. . .

In one of my last posts I mentioned that Jackson started crawling. . . On August 1st, he started crawling. Tomorrow is August 31st, and he is now flying all over the place. He is fast. . . we can barely keep up. He is into everything. . very curious. . . a good thing, but very tiring for Mommy and Daddy. Anyway, it has been really exciting to see him discover so many new things now that he is on the go. . . He is particularly interested in Daddy's books, stereo equipment, and laptop computer cord. . .We tell him no no quite often. . . He looks at us with a devilish grin and smiles before going right back to what we told him no no about. . .


After his nap today, this is how Kurt and I found him. . . He can finally pull himself up and stay up in his crib. . . uh oh, we thought, I guess it is time to babyproof. . .he will probably start pulling up on other things soon. . . little did we know that soon meant 5 minutes later. He pulled himself up on the coffee table like he was an old pro. . .and then, before we knew it, he was shuffling his feet to move around the table a little bit. . .when he learns something new, he definitely goes with it. I can't believe he just started crawling at the beginning of the month. . .and now, he's pulling up on everything. . .our baby boy is definitely growing up. . . I bet he's walking by 10 months. Oh yeah, he turned nine months old this week. . .

Kurt is back in classes now. . .and doing his internship . . . and working full time. . so needless to say, we're pretty busy around here. He LOVES his internship, and I think he is really looking forward to next summer so he can get a job in school counseling. I am too. . .it will be so nice to have summers off together . . . Well, I think that is about it for us . . .for now. . . I realized today that I need to take more pictures of Jackson. I have really been slacking lately. . .Next time it won't be three weeks, Annie, I promise. :)

2 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

about time! i've been thinking the same thing! :)

The Utley Crew said...

YAY! Thank you!! haha! He is just too darn cute. Yep, he probably will be walking soon...get ready! I can't believe he is 9mo. already!

How awesome will that be for you both to have summers off!!??