Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Nine days. . .is it possible to just stop time????

Jackson will be ONE YEAR OLD in 9 days, and I just don't know how I feel about it. Obviously I am excited, but part of me is really sad. . . my little guy is growing up. He is developing the sweetest little personality, but I know that with his new personality and soon to be independence (once he lets go and realizes that he CAN walk), he is not going to want his mommy anymore. . .at least not in the same way. I'm planning his party, trying to schedule his one year photos, and trying to find somewhere to get his first haircut, and it just feels like he is no longer going to be a baby. . .I think I need some time to adjust to this. :)

2 comments:

The Utley Crew said...

He will ALWAYS be your baby, don't worry. Abby is 2 going on 25 and she is still my baby! They do grow up too fast and they become more and more independent every day, but you will have moments where you realize how much they do need you and love you, and they always will. Just think, we are almost 30 and we still need our Moms!:) I am super bummed to miss his party, too! :(

I am SO glad that your Dad's surgery went so well! Keep me posted on everything! Love you!

Daddy's Dream ~Mommy's Miracle said...

crazy how time flies....i can't believe he is that old either!