Sunday, November 9, 2008

Yes, I know it has been over a month. . . .

So it has been a busy month. The day after I posted last, my dad fell through the roof of a barn. He ended up with several broken ribs and they found a mass on his kidney when they were checking his injuries. Apparently masses in this location on the kidney are cancerous 90% of the time so he is scheduled for surgery on the 17th. That is IF he gets over the pneumonia that he developed after his fall. Ugh. Oh and the day he fell would have been my brother's 32nd birthday. Now, I believe that the fall happened so we could find this mass before it got out of hand, and I believe Phillip held Dad up on the rafter and kept him from falling the other 20 feet to the concrete floor below. If you don't mind, though, say a few prayers for him next Monday morning.

We went down to see Mom and Dad the weekend of the 11th. The 11th is Mom's birthday and we wanted to see Dad (considering he had just had a four day visit to the hospital). We were supposed to go to Hanover's Homecoming on Saturday, but we were exhausted so we just headed home instead.

The next weekend was my 10 year class reunion. . .wow, I am getting old. It was also my 29th birthday. . . I can't believe I will be 30 next year. . scary. Anyway, the reunion was really fun. I got to see a lot of people that I have not seen for years. We had a lot of fun . . .not quite as much fun as some people . . but we probably felt better the next day than they did. :) It was really great to see everyone, and it made me miss being in Harrison County again. .

Okay, now on to the stuff that you came here for. . pictures of Jackson. :)

Our little cowboy. . . visiting Mom and Dad on Mom's birthday weekend. I can't believe how much Hunter looks like Phillip. . . more and more everyday.
Here he is with some major "bed head" and isn't he just adorable. . .

Jackson and I have both been sick this month . . . he was sick from Wednesday before Halloween until Saturday so we did not get many pics of him in his costume. . . here are the few that we were able to get. . .He was a little monster. We were able to get him out to go trick or treating for a few minutes but then he screamed for a couple hours. . .finally fell asleep . . .and woke up screaming again at about 11:30. I was so scared. . . we couldn't figure out what was wrong and I was super close to calling Dr. Forkin . . .then, I thought, "let's try Mylicon." It calmed him right down. . . oh I can't wait until he can tell us what hurts. :) The first one is during the day on Halloween. . . he has a shirt on that says "Don't Make Me Scare You." You can tell by looking at him that he doesn't really feel well.


Kurt has been just dying to see Jackson in his camo pants and orange vest. . . He even wants us to have some of his first birthday pictures taken in it. . . Well, we broke it out the other day and I have to say, he was too precious. Hunting season starts Saturday so I'm sure we'll be breaking it out again next weekend. Here's just a quick peek. . look at him standing up . . .he walks around like a champ . . as long as he's holding on to something. . .just not confident enough yet to let go.
And Finally. . . sorry this has been so long. . .On Monday, October 27th, Hunter was officially adopted by my parents. It has been way too long, but it is a relief that all the craziness and endless court dates, etc. are finally over. Hopefully, that poor boy doesn't have to deal with any more heartache for a long time. In the meantime, we are all ecstatic!! This has been a long time coming. . .

3 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

i am glad you are back. sorry to hear about your dad and being sick. what a crazy month for you! we will pray for you and your family!

your little guy is too cute!!! they make it all better!

danraymac said...

Happy Birthday on the 17th. I remember now in school that we shared a birthday. So sorry to hear about how your last month has gone. You got a pretty good looking kid so that should help!

Daniel

The Utley Crew said...

Love you! Can't wait to see all of you in a couple weeks! :) Thanks, for some new pics of Jackson! :)