Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Santa visit and our lazy weekend

I have learned that once you become a parent lazy weekends become very rare. We are always busy doing something and even when we aren't we are busy chasing after Jackson. . .no more sleeping in and sitting around in our pj's all day. Well, this weekend was different. Susie kept Jackson on Friday night so Kurt and I could get our Christmas shopping done. We only had a few things left to pick up so it was nice (minus the minor allergic reaction that I had to something I ate at Applebees . . .I swear I hate that place). It was really nice to just hang out with Kurt. Usually when we have a "date night" it is with other people so it was really nice to just be the two of us.

On Saturday we took Jackson to see Santa. . .I should have known he would not be quite as receptive as I had hoped. He screamed when we tried to put him on Santa's lap, and Kurt ended up having to sit with him beside Santa.
Even if he wasn't too enthused about the whole experience, hopefully he will be one day when we tell him that the Santa House where he saw Santa was actually built by his great grandad (he is crazy about his great grandad). I feel truly blessed that Jackson has been able to know so many of his great grandparents.

After the Santa visit, we spent most of the day . . okay all day at Grammy and Grandpa's house. Jackson played and played until he finally gave in and took a nap. He looked too sweet not to share the photo.
There is really nothing sweeter than a sleeping baby. . beautiful.

Sunday was another lazy day. . . in fact, Jackson even crawled up on the couch to cuddle with Mommy and Daddy. It was so awesome. . .he is really getting cuddly, and I am loving every minute of it because I know the second he starts walking on his own he is going to want nothing to do with cuddling for awhile. He is too cute. . . he gives us kisses all the time . . and kisses Wrigley all the time. We are truly blessed.

All in all it was a great weekend. . . I know we will not have many weekends like this so we really took advantage of it . . .and loved every minute of it.

Who knows if we'll have time to post again until after Christmas so just in case we don't . . .I hope you all have a FABULOUS and blessed holiday.

1 comment:

The Utley Crew said...

Your family pics are AWESOME! He did better than Abby did at that age. ha! Miss you and squeeze Jackson for me! :)