Sunday, April 17, 2011

Heaven is For Real

I read the book Heaven is For Real this weekend, and I can't stop thinking about it. Right before I got pregnant with Jackson, I had a miscarriage. I have always been thankful that God blessed me with Jackson, and I know that had I not had the miscarriage I would not have my precious boy. Still, there has always been a part of me that wonders about that baby that died in my belly. In the book Heaven is For Real, a 4 year old boy (pastor's son) goes to Heaven during an emergency appendectomy. After his surgery he wakes up to tell all of the things that he experienced in Heaven. While there, he meets his sister who died in his mommy's tummy before she conceived him. Since reading this book, I cannot stop thinking about my baby who is up in Heaven. I guess it has made me think about things differently. I know that everyone believes something different about what happens when we get to Heaven, but after reading this book, I look forward to the day that I get to meet my little boy or girl who is up there watching over our family. It's a great book! You should check it out! :)

1 comment:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

I will check it out. It sounds like a tear jerker!