Sunday, September 28, 2008

It's been way too long. . .

It has been way too long since my last post. Jackson has been busy learning all sorts of new tricks and keeping me busy chasing after him so I have not really had much energy to do anything after he goes to bed (including adding to the blog). Jackson is "talking" more than ever. He just jabbers all the time, and we love it. He has recently started pointing at things. . .all the time. Sometimes, it is easy to tell what he is pointing at but sometimes I have NO idea what he is pointing at or why. Oh well. . it's fun . .and super cute. . so I just talk about whatever is in the general direction of his finger pointing. He is getting closer to walking every day. He has started cruising pretty easily and this weekend he was standing while barely holding onto the couch with one hand.
He's also been helping with chores around the house. This usually consists of him opening drawers while I am washing dishes or crawling under my legs while I am loading or unloading the dishwasher, but on occasion he really tries to help. . . and it is too too cute. Kurt and I were cleaning the house last Sunday when we got home from our visit with Annie (while I will talk about later) and I walked around the corner to find Jackson helping Kurt sort the laundry. It was too cute.
Life just gets more and more fun everyday. I find myself looking at him when he sleeps and wondering how in the world there are mothers out there who can give up their babies. He is such a miracle and blessing from God. We are truly blessed and we are reminded of this with every smile, kiss, or sweet hug that Jackson gives us.

1 comment:

Shawnee said...

I have never thought of giving up my babies and I personally could never do it but I appreciate the mothers that do because they are not being selfish and thinking of the best for the child instead of themselves. I know you have a tainted view on this because of amanda but not all women are horrible for giving up their babies, most of the time its for the best in their situation. Just a thought! :) Thankfully my birth mother did what was best for me and now I have two loving parents that made me the person I am today.