Sunday, September 28, 2008

Just out for a Saturday drive

A four hour drive . . . where Jackson threw his toys on the floor repeatedly. . .and screamed until we picked them up. He's pretty spoiled now that we have been car pooling to work each day. On most days, there is someone in the back seat with him to keep him entertained so he has learned to just scream until he gets what he wants. . . Boy was that fun!!
Anyway, our trip was to St. Louis (or close to it) to see Annie, Abby, Scott, and the new Miss Olivia. Olivia is just as beautiful as her big sister, who by the way looks like a mini Andrea. We had a really nice time visiting with everyone. Annie had a pretty full house so we did not stay long, but it was nice to see Annie. We live so far apart and I miss her A LOT. It is still so strange to think that both of my best friends have TWO girls now. We are really growing up . . . hee hee.
Abby took a little while to warm up to Jackson, but she had a lot going on . . . and after a while they were good buds!
While I wish that I lived closer to Annie and Sarah and their girls, I realize that it's not going to happen anytime soon. . . and I cherish the times I get to spend with them . . and I look forward to the times that our kids get to play together. BUT . . .I also realize that while the distance sucks, it doesn't matter how far apart we are. I have two of the best friends a girl could ask for and whether we are four minutes or four hours away, they will always be my best friends and I am grateful for that. :)

1 comment:

The Utley Crew said...

Awwww...I am so glad you all were able to come. I wish things would have been a little calmer so we could have visited longer! We will be there for Jackson's party, though. (which will be another CRAZY day-haha!) But, maybe sometime soon me and the girls can come home and we can meet or come and stay a night with you, etc. Mom and Dad can't stop talking about how cute Jackson is!...of course!! :) I got a pic or 2 of them that I need to post and e-mail to you!

Anyways, THANK YOU for coming to see us. I love you and miss you!