Sunday, September 7, 2008

Thoughts and prayers

I think I need some prayers this week. Wednesday will mark the 3rd anniversary of Phillip's death, and I have really been struggling with it this year. I'm not sure why this year is different than the last two, but it has really been getting to me. I have found myself getting really grumpy and short with everyone, and I cry almost every time I think about him. Anyway, I anticipate that Wednesday will be very difficult for me & my family. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Please pray that God will give us all the strength to get through the day and that he will help us remember the good times we had with Phillip instead of our anger and sadness that he is no longer with us.
I miss my brother very much . . . this is one of the last few times that I saw him . . . we had such a good night. . . I am grateful that God blessed me with this experience so I have this memory to look back on. Please keep us in your prayers this week.

2 comments:

The Utley Crew said...

Uhhh...I remember that night at the bar like it was yesterday. We all had such a great time hanging out and listening to you! :) I remember my Mom and I both commenting on how great Phillip looked and how great he seemed to be doing. :( I will be thinking of you all. You know you can call if you need anything.

And, I always forget to tell you this, but everytime I hear, 'Find Out Who Your Friends Are.' I think about Phillip and laugh because of the line, 'get stuck on the side of the road, get caught in a ditch way out in the middle of no where....man, I've be there.' Because how many times did he and your Dad have to bail my car out of a ditch on your road? hahahaha!

Anyways, I love you!

Will, Melissa, Samuel and Annalise said...

Thinking about you and your family today (and every day).