Thursday, July 29, 2010

Bed rest it is . . .

So, I just came back from my OB appointment. She still would prefer that I go into the hospital at this point, but after I explained my situation with my job, she was more understanding. She told me to take it easy and be on "bedrest" from home until I go into the hospital on the 11th. This will allow me to work one day at Tipton prior to my hospitalization, which will make life SO much easier. She also changed the delivery date from August 31st to August 24th (assuming the amniocentesis comes back okay on the 23rd). If the baby is fully developed at that point, that is actually better because it means that I will not have to spend as much time in the hospital away from Kurt and Jackson. It also means I can go back to work sooner so that is a good thing as well. . . I know that sounds so crazy. Who wants to go back to work as soon as possible after a baby is born? Typically I would not, but with me accepting a new job, we are really going to be struggling this year so the less days I have to miss the better off we will be.

Anyway, the good news is definitely that I do not have to be in the hospital for 5 weeks!! I'm sure the next few weeks will fly by and little Mr. Kaden will be here before we know it. Then, none of this hospital junk will matter. :)

Happy Thursday!

No comments: