Saturday, July 17, 2010

So many changes

I refuse to let it be an entire year before I post again, so I thought I would update with some info on all the many changes in our life.

Home is Where Your Story Begins. . .
So, we have FINALLY closed on our house. Yes, the house that we have lived in for nearly a year but not owned. You know, the one bedroom house that is about to be home to our (soon to be) family of FOUR. Boy, are we going to be close. :) Anyway, it has been a long process, but we were finally able to close and we are ready to start the construction, which will take it from one bedroom to 4 bedrooms. Oh how nice it will be to actually be able to have a bedroom with a door again. Until now, Kurt and I have slept in the loft right outside of Jack's bedroom. Fun. :) It should be interesting, but it sounds like things should go pretty quickly once we finally break ground. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it does anyway. It sure would be nice to have a place for this baby to sleep when he is born.

And Baby Makes Four . . .
Baby Kaden should be here in a little over a month, which is exciting and terrifying all at the same time. Due to some complications with my pregnancy, I am going to have to have a c-section with Kaden and I am not going to lie. I am TERRIFIED. This could be because my doctor wants me to go into the hospital in a little less than two weeks, and I have refused to follow her orders. Now, don't get me wrong. I want to do everything that is best for me and Kaden, but I have accepted a new job, and if I don't work on August 10th, I don't get paid until after my maternity leave. We will keep monitoring Kaden to make sure he is growing and doing okay and I will officially be on bedrest (hopefully at home) beginning on July 30th, but as long as the good Lord allows me to, I am staying home so I can work on August 10th. Then, I will report to the hospital like a good girl as soon as I leave work on the 10th. I will miss my guys terribly, but if this is what it takes to make sure that ALL of my boys are okay I'm fine with it. I'm sure Kurt will bring Jackson to see me as much as he can, and maybe it will give me time to actually update my blog more frequently.

Bye Bye Webo. . .Hello Tipton
After much prayer, I have decided to leave Western Boone, my home away from home for the last 5 years. It has been a wonderful place to start my career, but Tipton is 12 minutes from home. I cannot imagine how much nicer that will be for me and my family. Kurt and I are very excited about the move. It is going to be a very rough year financially (with me being in the hospital, off on maternity leave, etc.), but I believe God brought me to this position and I believe he will take care of us. I'm excited about the new challenges that being a Middle School counselor will bring for me, but I am also going to miss my high school duties. I'm anxious to see how many differences there are and to see if I love middle school even more than high school.

Ok, now that I have reacquainted myself with my blog, I PROMISE not to let it be over 11 months until my next post. Next time, I will hopefully have some photos of my little ones. . . I'm just not at home so I cannot upload anything.

Until next time. . .

3 comments:

Daddy's Dream ~Mommy's Miracle said...

Love the new baby's name!!! hehe

Chris and Melissa said...

so good to read an update. after seeing some updates on facebook recently, i have been praying for you and your family, and will continue to do so. you are so right when you say God will provide. i pray you continue to lean on Him and on each other. many, many blessings to you and your sweet family (of four!). i love the name, too! =)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

it's so good to hear from you!!! i thought you gave up on the blog!! praying things go great for you guys!! :)