Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Sitting up and a jelly sandwich

Jackson has been sitting unsupported for several months, but when he ends up all the way on his tummy or back he cannot get back to a sitting position. Well, today, when Kurt and I went to get him from his bed, he was sitting up playing. He is getting so big. . .Maybe this is a sign that he will start crawling sometime soon. He gets so close, but he just can't figure out how to stay up on those knees. Soon. . .hopefully by next Thursday. . .or I am going to miss another milestone until after someone else sees it first.

On to other news. . . we have been working on giving Jackson table foods. . .he has mostly just had fruit (cantaloupe, honeydew, pineapple, watermelon - which he hates, and banana). Well, today, he ate a jelly sandwich. I just broke it up into small pieces for him and he loved it. I know this does not seem exciting. . .but I am so excited about it. He is growing up so fast. . .

We have decided to keep him at Dover Angels and if I can carpool, great, but if not, I guess we will find a way to make it through. Hopefully the girls will not mind carpooling with me and Jackson. We'll see. The closer next Friday gets, the more sad I get because I am going to miss out on spending so much time with him. I knew I would enjoy being home with him this summer, but I never knew how much!!

1 comment:

The Utley Crew said...

Wow, he eats better than Abby. haha! I'm glad you are keeping him at the daycare by your school. I know you love them there and he loves it. I can't believe your summer is over so soon! :-(