Wednesday, August 11, 2010

All checked in . . . now what. . .

Well, I am all checked into the hospital for my bedrest prior to the c-section on the 24th. Kurt and Jackson dropped me off this morning, but they had to go home . . . can't expect a two year old to spend the whole day at the hospital with me. So, now it is just me. . .

Upon arrival we were informed that our OB had not informed the hospital that we were coming. Frustrating to say the least, especially since she wanted me to check in 2 weeks ago. I'm not really sure why she had not informed them that I was coming, but once I explained why we were here everything was fine. The nurses have all been wonderful so that's awesome.

I'm not really sure what I am going to do for 2 weeks in the hospital, but I've got plenty of books to keep me busy. I also thought this would be a great time to get the blog updated, especially since in 2 weeks I am going to have 2 little ones to keep me busy. :)

I have to say that the day started out poorly. I was in such a bad mood thinking about staying in the hospital, and then finding out that my OB had not done what she needed to do to make an easy check in was even more frustrating. After sitting here for almost 4 hours, though, I have decided that it's time to get over it, deal with it, and start enjoying this time of rest before my sleep becomes very limited. So, here's to a better attitude about the next 2 weeks. . . :)

2 comments:

Chris and Melissa said...

i'm sure it's going to be SOOO hard to be away from your family these next couple weeks. i can't even imagine. i'm sure that feeling rested and refreshed when the time comes will be such a blessing though! sorry it was a rough morning- boo for doctors "forgetting" to do what they're supposed to do. that's really frustrating! hope the next two weeks fly by! and you're right- you have no excuse not to keep your blog totally updated! =)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

good luck!! i look forward to lots of updates!! hang in there!! rest up!! it will go fast!!