Thursday, August 12, 2010

Summertime . . .

This summer has been very eventful to say the least. I knew at the beginning of the summer that I would probably be hospitalized at some point so I wanted to have as much fun as we could while we had the chance. Unfortunately I did not get pictures of all of it, but we went to the zoo a few times and the Children's Museum once. We also went to the Strawberry Festival on the circle in Indianapolis. . .YUMMY!! Jackson loved every minute, and of course he was super cute but I didn't have my camera . . .oops.

We had a lot of fun at 4th of July. Our old neighborhood had a block party and we were invited. I think they will forever be our neighbors since we don't have any neighbors now. We love them all to pieces anyway so I am cool with that. :) Anyway, here are some photos from the block party . . .fun times.
Me and Dani - one of the best friends a girl could ever have. :)
Family photo . . . which we don't have very often.
We put the headphones on Jackson because he doesn't like loud noises. He really freaked out a few times about the fireworks . . . so much so that I thought we would have to leave, but he calmed down and ended up enjoying them . . .kinda!

A couple days later (actually on July 4th), my parents came to visit and Jackson acted like he had never been bothered by fireworks. He was a champ. He kept saying Oh Wow. . . It was pretty cute.

He and Hunter got matching glowing swords, and he Loves that thing.
Before the fireworks we hung out at Brett and Susie's house. . . We all ate dinner in the fifth wheel trailer because they are remodeling their house. This picture was super cute of Hunter and Jackson . . .they get along pretty well but now that Jackson is getting older they are starting to fight like brothers at times. . . funny, but annoying too. Haha!
A couple weeks ago we met up with the Gentry's to get ice cream at Handels. Dani and I used to go ALL THE TIME when we lived across the street so it was nice to go with them. The kids had fun. They are so cute together. I just love those kiddos, and Jackson does too. We are pretty blessed to have them in our lives. :)
Looking at the picture of Jackson, Emmy, and Ty, you would never know that this was what Jackson looked like about 45 minutes earlier. . . so cute . . . he was so pooped out that he just fell asleep at the table.

Susie's cousin Greg has a pool at his house, and he is so sweet that he said we could use it whenever we want. He is also the father/father-in-law of Chris & Heather, our very dear friends. Anyway, they were out of town in Michigan, but he said to go on over and cool off so we did just that. Jackson had so much fun, and I have to admit it felt Really good to this pregnant lady. Being pregnant in the summer kinda sucks. . . especially when it is one of the hottest summers on record. The pool felt wonderful!
With all of the work that has been happening at our house, Dennis, our general contractor, has been at the house a lot. Jackson has just fallen in love with him. He gets so excited about Dennis, and Dennis is wonderful to him (because he has a 4 year old and is used to being interrupted and all that fun stuff). We couldn't have asked for a better person to be our general contractor.
Finally, Kurt's cousin, Dana, and her little boy, Michael, came up to visit us last weekend. She made us Chicken and Noodles and came up to keep Jackson occupied so Kurt could get some work done and I could rest like my doctor had ordered. The boys were going non-stop, but they actually slowed down for a few minutes so I could get this cute little picture of them. I love it. We are truly blessed to have such wonderful family and friends. . . they have really been a blessing this summer, as it has been a difficult summer in many ways.

That's our summer in a nutshell. Haha! I know it was a long post, but I haven't posted pictures since like last July so I think it's okay. :) Now that summer is over and I am about to have 2 little ones to play with and take care of, I am glad that I was able to spend the beginning of the summer doing fun things with my little guy. I wish I would have been able to be more fun at the end of the summer, but the bedrest will all be worth it once we have another healthy boy in our arms. :)

No comments: