Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Progress

So, while I have been in the hospital, we have had some busy bees working at our house. I cannot believe how quickly things are progressing. It's nice. Dennis, our General Contractor, has sent me pictures almost everyday with some updates. Here are the most updated photos that I have received.

I think they were supposed to put the decking on the roof today, and Dennis thought they would have the entire roof (existing and new) completed by Friday. Now, if we just had our windows. . . oh well. I can't wait to see what it looks like when it's finished. I know this is the part that seems to go so quickly because there are so many large/visible changes, but I'm still excited. I just wonder how much they will have done by the time I get home at the end of next week. My maternity leave is going to be eventful to say the least. Thank God for nursing covers or every contractor in Hamilton County would be seeing me nurse the baby.

While Dennis and Brian have been busy on the outside of the house, Kurt has been working hard inside as well. He laid new floors in Jackson's room, and it looks so good. Jackson had this awful yellow carpet in his room before. It was stained and pretty gross, but Kurt took care of that. . .
Isn't it pretty?? I love it. I can't wait to see it in person. We will have the same floors in all of the new rooms and in the dining room as well. I can't wait. It's so much nicer than the old school carpet that we have had. In addition to the floors, Kurt has been busy taking siding off of the house and working on a dresser for Jackson. Jackson is still using the dresser with the changing table on top of it, which we will need for Kaden in about a week. When we moved into the house, Grandad had an empty dresser in Jackson's closet. It had been antiqued, which was not really our style, but it is a really nice dresser so Kurt has been stripping it and refinishing it for Jackson. He has worked really hard on it, and finally finished it this weekend.
The next month or so are probably going to be pretty chaotic with the new baby and the construction, but I can't wait to see the end result.

1 comment:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

WOW!! That is great!!! That has to be so hard in the hospital while the world is going on. hang in there!! it will all be over soon!! you'll be holding that precious little guy very soon!!