Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Baby Kaden wanted his own birthday

We were supposed to deliver Kaden via c-section yesterday (8/24), but the amniocentesis on Monday showed that his little lungs just weren't ready to be delivered. Therefore we are waiting until next Monday (8/30) to deliver. Yesterday was my Aunt Debbie, cousin Chandler, and Great Grandpa Allen's birthday so I just think Kaden wanted his own birthday. :) I was really bummed when we got the results of the amnio, but I've gotten used to the idea now. I wouldn't want him to end up in the NICU for a long time so this is, obviously, what is best. I was just really looking forward to getting out of this bed and this room. It is amazing how quickly your muscles atrophy when staying in bed for 3 weeks. Ugh . . .not much longer, though!!! :)

I have had quite a few visitors while I have been in the hospital so the time has really gone pretty quickly. My parents and Hunter have been up on both weekends. This has allowed Kurt to have some time to get things done at the house, which is really nice. They brought up a care package from Aunt Wanda that included some things for me and Jackson. One of the things that she sent for Jackson was a Toy Story backpack. Dad was trying to get Jackson to put it on and he wouldn't so Dad put it on.
It was not as easy to take off as it was to get it on though, and he actually got stuck in it for a few minutes. Haha!! Silly Pop Pop!!

We bought Jackson a bunch of Dr. Seuss books to have here at the hospital so we have something to keep him occupied while he is here, and Dad has spent some time reading to the boys when they were here.
Hunter has been so good when they have visited, which is nice because he is usually a hyper mess. Haha! He's been so sweet and so well behaved though.

When I was working at WEBO, we had some friends over there who would keep Jackson when I had evening activities at school. Amanda was one of my students, and Tammy, her mom, worked with me at WEBO. Amanda was also one of Jackson's afternoon teachers at daycare. Needless to say, they love Jackson to pieces and he loves them right back. They came to visit last Sunday.
It was nice to visit with them. We will miss seeing them so much with me not working at Webo anymore.

My friend, Jeanine, and her little boy Henry have visited a couple times to hang out with me at lunch time. She is on maternity leave right now so it has been nice to spend time with them. Henry is such a little cutie. I wish I would have taken some pictures. Lissa, Kurt's Assistant Principal, has visited twice (once with her family). My mother in law has been here several times, and my father in law was here briefly. My friend Sarah Raines stopped by one day to bring me some yummy cookies and magazines. Heather and Rees came to visit and Dani came to bring me some ice cream . . . Yum Yum!! I have also received flowers from Susie, my parents, and Dani, Scott, Rhino, & Kelly. As bummed as I was about not being able to get out of here this week, the flowers really did brighten my day and lift my spirits. :) I feel pretty blessed to have such wonderful family and friends. It really has made this experience easier to handle.

No comments: