Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Mark . . .my sign from God

I was really bummed on Monday that I was not going to be able to deliver on Tuesday and get out of here. My awesome nurse, Leigh Ann, came in to tell me the results because my doctor had gone home without coming to tell me. One more disappointment. . .

I held back my tears while Leigh Ann was in here, but Kurt called right after she told me. Leigh Ann left the room and said she would come back when I was done talking with Kurt. As soon as the door closed I lost it. I couldn't even talk because I was crying so hard. He, obviously, knew that we had received the news that we did NOT want to hear. He sat quietly, and while I could tell he was bummed he was more concerned about me. He knows how difficult this has been on me, and while I know it has been very difficult on him as well he has been worried about me. He's a pretty awesome hubby!! Anyway, I didn't really have long to talk with him . . . maybe a couple minutes when someone knocked on my door. It was the lady at the front desk letting me know that Mark Knapp was here to visit. Mark is my mother-in-law's cousin, and he is a pastor as well. As soon as she told me that he was here, I knew that God was telling me that it's all going to be okay and it just isn't the right time yet. I believe in coincidence, but with all my heart, I KNOW that Mark Knapp coming to visit me at the exact time that my nurse told me I was not going to be able to meet my little boy the next day was NOT a coincidence. I know that Mark was my sign from God that all things happen for a reason, and while it is okay for me to be disappointed it just wasn't the right time. Mark and I had a nice visit. He's such a sweet man. He's one of those people who just makes you feel loved and makes you feel at ease, and I thank God for sending him to see me when He did. I hope that I will look back at this whole experience . . . the whole pregnancy, really . . . and remember how many times that I have felt God's presence in my life and felt His reassurance that everything will be okay.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

He is such an incredible man. It warms my heart to know he came to visit.

Daddy's Dream ~Mommy's Miracle said...

This gives me chills! At the hardest times in life, God has a way of showing us that he is "right here." Continued prayers my friend!